COMMON FEATURES FOR ALL HEAVY-DUTY APTIV RADIOS:
- HEAVY-DUTY DESIGN – made for a commercial vehicle driver by having larger buttons and a heavy-duty construction for tougher environments.
- SAE J1455 COMPLIANT – meets all the test standards for reliability of an electronic component in a commercial vehicle.
- WEATHER BAND (WB) – offers National Weather Radio Broadcasts from over 1,025 locations throughout the United States on seven VHF/FM frequencies free-of-charge to provide continuous weather information 24 hours a day. Range: 162.400 MHz – 162.550 MHz
- ISO CONNECTOR – allows the radio to be connected directly to the vehicle’s harness; no additional harness is required – no cutting, no separate accessories to purchase for all commercial vehicles manufactured with the ISO connect harness.
- FRONT AUX INPUT (MUSIC PORT) – easy access to plug in a smart device and enjoy your digital music library through the vehicle’s speakers.
- REAR AUX INPUT – provides an auxiliary terminal for permanent hard wire to the rear side of the radio.
- SAE J1939 COMPLIANT – allows the different vehicle components that run on the communication bus system to talk to each other, compatible with most digital steering wheel/rear-sleeper controls.
- QUARTZ ALARM CLOCK – convenient, built-in quartz alarm clock with one hour timer.
- OUTPUT POWER – 18 Watts x 4 Channels, 18 Watts x 2 Channels (24 Volt Radios)
- SOUND QUALITY (EQ) FUNCTION – select the sound type (Pop, Rock, Country, News, Jazz, Classical or Manual) to improve the dynamic range
- SEPARATE BASS, MID, TREBLE, BALANCE AND FADER CONTROL
- 6 AM / 12 FM RADIO PRESET BUTTONS
- AUTO STORE MEMORY
- AUTO BAUD RATE – capable of auto detecting the correct CAN bus baud rate to use at power up; the possible baud rate is 250K or 500K.
- MECHLESS – no Compact Disc (CD) Player
- SHALLOW CLASSIS – 86.5 mm in depth
- VF DOT MATRIX DISPLAY – three line display that maximizes the viewing area on the front of the radios. This allows for more information on the screen and minimizes the need to scroll.
- WHITE FAKRA AM/FM ANTENNA CONNECTOR – robust locking mechanism, small form factor with high speed capability which allows for better cable management.
- MOTOROLA TO FAKRA ADAPTER CABLE – AM/FM Radio Antenna Adapter Fakra Jack code B to Motorola DIN socket connector six-inch cable. Adapter cable included with each APTIV radio model until OEM truck manufacturers change wiring from Motorola to FAKRA.
- Built-in Bluetooth® profile is selectable between Audio Streaming and/or Hands-Free phone operation (utilizing the vehicle’s audio system and a remote mic* – up to 10 devices can be easily stored in the radio memory for fast pairing)
- Front Panel USB Port – gives a direct connect location for memory devices with USB interface, to play stored music and/or charge the device and have iPod® control through the radio
- Back-lit Display Lighting – GREENISH-WHITE
*Bluetooth® Mic sold separately – Part No. PP603846 or PP604240
NOTE: THE APTIV VOLVO RADIOS PP107228, PP107229, AND PP107230 ARE FOR USE ONLY IN VOLVO TRUCKS AND ARE COMPATIBLE WITH VOLVO LECM.
A SPECIFIC ADAPTOR HARNESS MAY BE REQUIRED BASED ON TRUCK OPTIONS AS NOTED IN THE HARNESS GUIDE IN THE BACK OF THIS CATALOG. VOLVO TRUCKS BUILT AFTER 11/10/14 WILL NOT REQUIRE AN ADAPTOR HARNESS.