COMMON FEATURES FOR ALL HEAVY-DUTY APTIV RADIOS:
- HEAVY-DUTY DESIGN – made for a commercial vehicle driver by having larger buttons and a heavy-duty construction for tougher environments.
- SAE J1455 COMPLIANT – meets all the test standards for reliability of an electronic component in a commercial vehicle.
- WEATHER BAND (WB) – offers National Weather Radio Broadcasts from over 1,025 locations throughout the United States on seven VHF/FM frequencies free-of-charge to provide continuous weather information 24 hours a day. Range: 162.400 MHz – 162.550 MHz
- ISO CONNECTOR – allows the radio to be connected directly to the vehicle’s harness; no additional harness is required – no cutting, no separate accessories to purchase for all commercial vehicles manufactured with the ISO connect harness.
- FRONT AUX INPUT (MUSIC PORT) – easy access to plug in a smart device and enjoy your digital music library through the vehicle’s speakers.
- REAR AUX INPUT – provides an auxiliary terminal for permanent hard wire to the rear side of the radio.
- SAE J1939 COMPLIANT – allows the different vehicle components that run on the communication bus system to talk to each other, compatible with most digital steering wheel/rear-sleeper controls.
- QUARTZ ALARM CLOCK – convenient, built-in quartz alarm clock with one hour timer.
- OUTPUT POWER – 18 Watts x 4 Channels, 18 Watts x 2 Channels (24 Volt Radios)
- SOUND QUALITY (EQ) FUNCTION – select the sound type (Pop, Rock, Country, News, Jazz, Classical or Manual) to improve the dynamic range
- SEPARATE BASS, MID, TREBLE, BALANCE AND FADER CONTROL
- 6 AM / 12 FM RADIO PRESET BUTTONS
- AUTO STORE MEMORY
- AUTO BAUD RATE – capable of auto detecting the correct CAN bus baud rate to use at power up; the possible baud rate is 250K or 500K.
- MECHLESS – no Compact Disc (CD) Player
- SHALLOW CLASSIS – 86.5 mm in depth
- VF DOT MATRIX DISPLAY – three line display that maximizes the viewing area on the front of the radios. This allows for more information on the screen and minimizes the need to scroll.
- WHITE FAKRA AM/FM ANTENNA CONNECTOR – robust locking mechanism, small form factor with high speed capability which allows for better cable management.
- MOTOROLA TO FAKRA ADAPTER CABLE – AM/FM Radio Antenna Adapter Fakra Jack code B to Motorola DIN socket connector six-inch cable. Adapter cable included with each APTIV radio model until OEM truck manufacturers change wiring from Motorola to FAKRA.
- Back-lit Display Lighting – AMBER
- PA Function (PA Mic & Cable sold separately)
NOTE: THE APTIV FREIGHTLINER RADIOS: PP107216, PP107217, AND PP107221 ARE FOR USE ONLY IN THE NEW CASCADIA TRUCK MODELS BUILT FROM 2017 AND NEWER. THESE RADIOS INTEGRATE WITH NEW STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS AND WITH NEW DASH DISPLAYS.
TRUCKS BUILT WITHOUT A FACTORY INSTALLED RADIO WILL NEED TO HAVE A DEALER TURN ON THE NECESSARY PARAMETERS FOR STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS AND INSTRUMENT CLUSTER FUNCTIONS.
IF THESE RADIOS ARE INSTALLED INTO AN OLDER MODEL FREIGHTLINER TRUCK FUNCTIONALITY WITH STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS AND/OR DASH DISPLAYS MAY BE LIMITED. FOR OLDER MODEL FREIGHTLINER TRUCKS THE STANDARD APTIV RADIO MODELS ARE RECOMMENDED.